Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Patience or Pleasure

Where do I begin? It seems to be a curse of this generation. Busyness. Striving for perfection. Yes, sanctification is a holy thing, and working towards the upward call in Christ is not a bad thing. But when does our work become the idol? When does it become a false sense of righteousness? I can tell you that for me, there was no false sense of righteousness, only a rightful sense of unfulfilling exhaustion. 

I take pride in any work I do. Combine that with an overwhelming desire to please others, and you have someone who does not feel acceptable until they feel exceptional. Maybe it's part of a woman's make up- to believe we have to do things very well to do them at all. My issue is, wanting to earn more of Gods favor through what doing more for His kingdom.

Romans 3:20 
For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

The truth I cannot seem to wrap my head around is that my Heavenly Father will not love me anymore or any less tomorrow than he does today. The truth is- even at my worst, He thought I was worth dying for. 

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

So, do I believe God feels pleasure towards me? That he delights in me? Or that he just is patient with me? I can bank on the Lord's patience with me. I have experienced it throughout my life. But the truth is, the truth that we must all wrap our heads around is, He is not waiting for me to become something else to love me. He loved me at my worst

Stop trying to pay a debt you do not owe 

No comments:

Post a Comment